How will the global economy fare this year?
The global economy will continue to expand at a modest pace this year, with uneven projections across the main countries. Slowing growth in emerging economies and financial markets volatility cloud the world’s economic performance. Nevertheless, India and China continue to drive global growth. See the latest consensus forecasts from our network of the world’s leading economists.
Click the image below to enlarge
Date: October 5, 2015
TagsPortugal France MENA Nordic Economies Investment Argentina Panelists Gold Agricultural Commodities G7 Company News Asia Economic Growth (GDP) Major Economies Base Metals Commodities UK India South Africa Turkey Oil United States Energy Commodities World Bank Brexit Greece Sub-Saharan Africa Iran Mexico IMF Ukraine Infographic Precious Metals Commodities precious metals Banking Sector Vietnam Latin America Colombia European Union Housing Market Japan OPEC Financial Sector Russia Forex oil prices Commodities Germany Unemployment rate Venezuela USA Italy Canada Trade Inflation Industrial Metals Commodities Exchange Rate Fed Consensus Forecast Emerging Markets Tunisia Australia Euro Area Spain Brazil Eastern Europe Africa China
16 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
- Why is productivity growth so low? 23 economic experts weigh in
- Mexico's outlook as Trump nears 100-day mark
- Interview with Oxford Economics Senior Economist on implications of the possible outcomes of the French Presidential Election
- The anxiety of the small saver in a world of negative interest rates
- Brexit negotiations. Between Uncertainty and Urgency
- An Economic History of the EU from El Blog Salmón
- Baby Boomin': Implications of high population growth in Latin America
- Survey of International Economists Predicts a Le Pen Defeat in French Elections, Says Macron has Best Economic Plan
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit