GDP in Finland
Finland - GDP
Further slowdown in economic activity in March
Finland´s economic activity expanded a working-day adjusted 1.3% over the same month of the previous year, according to the Monthly Trend Indicator of Output. The result marked a substantial slowdown from February´s revised 2.8% expansion (previously reported: +3.0% year-on-year). March´s lower reading was largely driven by a marked slowdown in the agricultural sector along with a slight fall in the growth of the industrial and service sectors.
On a monthly basis, economic activity in March decreased 0.7% in seasonally-adjusted terms. This marks a larger contraction than February´s revised 0.5% contraction (previously reported: -0.1% month-on-month). Despite the annual data suggesting a mild slowdown, the overall trend as indicated by annual average growth in economic activity continues to point upwards, rising from 1.5% in February to 1.6% in March.
The Central Bank expects the domestic economy to expand 1.3% in 2017 and 1.2% in 2018. In line with the Bank´s projections, FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panelists expect GDP to expand 1.3% in 2017, which is unchanged from last month’s projection. For 2018, the panel sees GDP increasing 1.4%.
Finland - GDP Data
|Economic Growth (GDP, annual variation in %)||2.6||-1.4||-0.8||-0.6||0.3|
5 years of economic forecasts for more than 30 economic indicators.
Finland GDP Chart
Source: Statistics Finland.
|Bond Yield||0.45||-6.25 %||May 24|
|Exchange Rate||8.33||-0.52 %||May 24|
|Stock Market||4,034||0.24 %||May 24|
Get a sample report showing all the data and analysis covered in our Regional, Country and Commodities reports.
Start Your Free Trial
Start working with the reports used by the world’s major financial institutions, multinational enterprises & government agencies now. Click on the button below to get started.
May 16, 2017
Finland´s economic activity expanded a working-day adjusted 1.3% over the same month of the previous year, according to the Monthly Trend Indicator of Output.
May 15, 2017
Finland´s current account recorded a slight deficit in March, worsening from previous month´s result.
April 13, 2017
The current account was almost in balance for a second consecutive month in February with a deficit of just EUR 69 million, according to Statistics Finland.
April 13, 2017
In February, economic activity in Finland expanded a working-day adjusted 3.0% over the same month of the previous year, according to the Monthly Trend Indicator of Output.
March 16, 2017
In January, economic activity expanded a working-day adjusted 2.4% over the same month of the previous year, according to the Monthly Trend Indicator of Output.