Last updated on 9 May 2018
FocusEconomics, S.L.U. is the owner of the website www.focus-economics.com and is responsible for the processing of users’ personal data. FocusEconomics appreciates your visit and interest in our company, products, and services. We value the importance of protecting your privacy and personal data. To ensure transparency and security, our privacy statement as detailed below will inform you about the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data that we process.
This Privacy Notice explains how we may use, process and store your personal information as a User of the website. We will receive that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
FocusEconomics informs all users that their personal data will be treated in accordance with REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
1. Purposes of data processing
FocusEconomics processes personal data to maintain a commercial relationship with the User via:
Sending of commercial advertising communications by email, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which make commercial communications possible.
FocusEconomics may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so via a web form or otherwise
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
Information you give us
You may give us personal information by
- Filling out a form on our website or sending us an e-mail
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Applying for a job at FocusEconomics
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- How you interact with our website
Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you.
Data retention criteria
Data shall be retained as long as there is a mutual interest and, when no longer necessary for that purpose, data will be deleted in accordance with security measures to ensure the total destruction of the data.
Communication of data
Data will not be communicated to third parties unless we are legally obliged to do so.
Users have the right to:
- Withdraw consent at any time.
- The access, rectification, portability and deletion of your data, and to the limitation or opposition to the treatment of your data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (agpd.es) if you consider that
the treatment does not comply with the regulations in force.
You may request the deletion, rectification or withdraw consent, or changes to your information, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to:
Gran Vía, 657 1ª 1ª
08010 Barcelona, Spain
2. Compulsory or optional nature of the information provided by the user
When marking of the corresponding boxes and entering data into fields marked with an asterisk (*) on any form on this website, users expressly, freely and unequivocally accept that processing your data is necessary for FocusEconomics to meet your request. Any data not marked with an asterisk (*) is not obligatory. The User guarantees that the personal data provided to FocusEconomics is true and correct and is responsible for communicating any changes to the data provided.
FocusEconomics informs and expressly guarantees Users that their personal data will not be used for any other purpose. It will in no case be given to third parties, and that should a transfer of data be made, FocusEconomics the express informed and unequivocal consent of the Users will be requested beforehand. All data requested through the website is necessary, as it is required in order to provide optimal service to theUuser. In the event that not all the requested data is provided, there is no guarantee that the information and services provided will be completely adjusted to your needs.
3. Safety precautions
In accordance with the provisions of the current regulations on the protection of personal data, FocusEconomics is complying with all the provisions of the GDPR regulations for the processing of the personal data for the company is responsible, and clearly following the principles described in article 5 of the GDPR, by which data is processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the data subject and is appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
FocusEconomics guarantees that it has implemented appropriate technical and organizational policies to comply with the security measures established by the GDPR in order to protect the rights and freedoms of Users and has communicated the necessary information to them.
4. Cookies and Tracking Pixels on Visit
When you visit our website, our system automatically collects information about your visit, such as your browser type, your IP address, and the referring website.
This collection may be done in conjunction with our vendors and partners (see data processors list below). We may receive from them general demographic or usage data of our site visitors. We do not use automatically collected information to identify you personally without collecting additional consent.
Such information is typically collected using web cookies, web or email pixels (also known as beacons), embedded hyperlinks, and similar tools. Popular browsers can generally be set to disable or delete individual cookies. See below for the types of cookies we use and their respective purposes.
- Functional Cookies: allow us to analyze your website usage so we can offer you a more personalized experience.
- Advertising Cookies: allow us to better assess the effectiveness of our content marketing and advertising efforts. These cookies are provided by our third-party partners to analyze and track site visit and signups stemming from advertising. We do not share your personal information (such as name or email) to third-party providers outside of site visit data collected directly by such Advertising Cookies, though your site visit data may be linked with other personal information collected elsewhere by such third-party providers. Such external data processing is governed by the privacy policies of these third-party providers.
See below for descriptions about the cookies used on our websites and how you can opt out from them.
Google Analytics (Functional Cookies)
Opt-out: Download the browser plugin “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” here.
Google AdWords (Advertising Cookies)
Opt-out: Visiting Google’s Ads Settings.
Opt-out: Visit Facebook’s help page for information on how to opt out.
3. Categories of Personal Data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
FocusEconomics collects, processes, or uses the following personal data, if you provide it to us:
- name, email, phone, address, job title, company, products of FocusEconomics in use,
- other data that you have provided while contacting us, especially using the contact, download, or signup forms on our website,
- data that you have sent to us through an online survey or job application.
- For marketing purposes and to improve our websites and services, we also collect data sent by your web browser, e.g., information about your browser, your IP address, and your operating system.
4. Data recipients
We use third-party data processors to process personal data on our behalf. Such service providers support FocusEconomics, especially relating to hosting and operating the websites, marketing, analytics, improving the websites, and sending email newsletters. These processors may be located outside the European Union.
Our content may link to third party websites to provide relevant references. We are not responsible for such external content, which may contain separate privacy policies and data processing disclosures.
We may disclose your personal information if required by law, regulation, or other legal subpoena or warrant. We may also disclose your personal information to a regulatory or law enforcement agency if we believe it to be necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of FocusEconomics, its customers or any third party.
5. Electronic communications
If you have given us your email for purposes of communication or promotion, we will use your data to contact you or send promotional emails relating to your interests. You may revoke your consent to being contacted by email for promotional purposes any time, by clicking on an unsubscribe link or replying directly stating your wish to unsubscribe.
Further, with your consent, we may make use of email tracking technology to obtain data on if you open an email or if you click on links in an email. This data will be used only in automated ways to help improve future marketing messaging and/or to prioritize follow ups based on perceived communications relevance.
Without your consent, we will not make use of personal data unique to you, such as your IP address, your device or browser information.
6. Technical and Organizational Data Protection
FocusEconomics implements commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against abuse and loss. We store such data in secure environments. We provide training to our employees on data protection best practices and require them to enter into a confidentiality agreement.
7. Rights and Contact Info
Upon request, our Data Protection Officer will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may have it rectified. You may also revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in parts, or request deletion of your personal data.
Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding this privacy statement or the privacy practices of www.focus-economics.com to:
Gran Vía, 657 1ª 1ª
08010 Barcelona, Spain