FocusEconomics Launches Commodities Report with Price Forecasts for 33 Raw Materials
We are pleased to announce the publication of the new Commodities Consensus Forecast report. The report includes the latest price forecasts for 33 commodities in the energy, metals and agricultural sectors from leading local and global economic institutions, such as BMI Research, Goldman Sachs, Oxford Economics, Deutsche Bank and HSBC, to name just a few.
Click the infographic to open a full-sized version
The report comprises commodity price projections by quarter for 2 years out and annual forecasts for 5 years out, including details on each analysts’ projections and the Consensus Forecast, as well as maximum and minimum forecasts. It includes price outlook and written analysis for 33 commodities across 4 categories:
- ENERGY: Brent Crude Oil, WTI Crude Oil, Coking Coal, Ethanol, Gasoil (European market), Gasoline (U.S. benchmark), Natural Gas, Thermal Coal, Uranium
- INDUSTRIAL METALS: Alumina, Aluminium, Aluminium Alloy, Copper, Iron Ore, Lead, Nickel, Steel (European and U.S. markets), Tin, Zinc
- PRECIOUS METALS: Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum
- AGRICULTURAL: Cocoa, Coffee, Corn, Cotton, Oats, Soybeans, Sugar, Wheat, Wool
According to the inaugural edition of the report, on 12 February, Brent Crude Oil prices were down 16.7% from the beginning of the year, while an annual comparison showed that prices had fallen 45.6%.
“The renewed drop in global oil prices resulted from increasing concerns among investors that global economic growth continues to show signs of weakness, particularly due to a substantial deceleration in key emerging economies. China’s economy has hit the lowest growth rate in a generation, and this will further limit demand for oil,” said Ricardo Aceves, Senior Economist at FocusEconomics.
Economists surveyed this month consider that, on average, oil prices will start to increase in the second half of the year. This month’s Consensus Forecast projects prices to average USD 49.4 per barrel in Q4 2016. Analysts see prices rising further and averaging USD 58.3 per barrel in Q4 2017.
Date: February 17, 2016
TagsBase Metals Commodities USA Brexit Vietnam Financial Sector Colombia Euro Area Fed Ukraine precious metals Company News Investment Latin America OPEC Housing Market Energy Commodities China Emerging Markets Major Economies Mexico Turkey Brazil European Union Agricultural Commodities Exchange Rate Eastern Europe G7 Unemployment rate Australia Banking Sector Inflation MENA Precious Metals Commodities Gold Sub-Saharan Africa Asia Canada Oil Argentina World Bank South Africa Consensus Forecast NAFTA Forex Venezuela United States Nordic Economies Iran Africa Portugal Greece Germany Tunisia Panelists UK Economic Growth (GDP) Trade Russia Japan Italy Infographic France IMF Commodities Industrial Metals Commodities oil prices India Spain
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
- Are uranium prices making a comeback?
- Taxing the Economy: Achieving a Delicate Balance
- Is the UK really "shackled to a corpse"?
- How will Latin America’s upcoming lengthy election cycle affect the reform agenda and credit ratings?
- How will emerging market economies perform in 2017?
- Chilean Economy in Focus: Interview with Senior Economist of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago
- CEOs Rank Top Economies for Growth Opportunities
- The Mobile Ecosystem & Latin America's Economy
- Prospects and Challenges for the Global Economy: Interview with Tim Cooper from BMI Research
- How will the Fed reduce its balance sheet & and how will the ECB end QE? - 19 economic experts weigh in
- Thoughts on "unwinding" QE from Frances Coppola
- Gold: The Most Precious of Metals (Part 3)
- The Fed and ECB at a crossroads: Unwinding QE
- Spain: The economy that continues to silence the critics
- Latin America: The Most Unequal Region in the World
- The History of OPEC: Has it been a Success?
- FocusEconomics Announces 2017 Analyst Forecast Awards Winners
- Latin America’s rising unemployment bucks nearly decade long trend
- Escape from the Central Bank Trap by Daniel Lacalle
- China's economic rebalancing act: What to look out for in 2017
- Driving Growth in Latin America: Challenges & Priorities
- Is the Global Economy Rebalancing?
- Commodity exporters face challenging times
- Recent Global Events Facilitate Mercosur-Pacific Alliance
- 23 economic experts weigh in: Why is productivity growth so low?
- Mexico's outlook as Trump nears 100-day mark
- Interview with Oxford Economics Senior Economist on implications of the possible outcomes of the French Presidential Election
- The anxiety of the small saver in a world of negative interest rates
- Brexit negotiations. Between Uncertainty and Urgency
- An Economic History of the EU from El Blog Salmón
- Baby Boomin': Implications of high population growth in Latin America
- Survey of International Economists Predicts a Le Pen Defeat in French Elections, Says Macron has Best Economic Plan
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit