Poland Industry


Poland: Industrial production decelerates in January

February 19, 2014

In January, industrial production rose 4.1% over the same month last year. The increase marked a deceleration over the 6.6% rise tallied in December, but came in above market expectations of a 3.5% increase. The result reflected growth in manufacturing and in the water supply and waste management sector. On a month-on-month basis, industrial production increased a seasonally-adjusted 2.3%, which contrasted the 0.4% decrease observed in December. The overall trend improved, with annual average growth in industrial production rising from 2.3% in December to 2.7% in January. FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panelists expect industrial production to increase 4.6% in 2014, which is up 0.3 percentage points from last month's forecast. For 2015, the panel expects growth in industrial production to accelerate to 5.8%.

Author:, Economist

Sample Report

Looking for forecasts related to Industry in Poland? Download a sample report now.


Poland Industry Chart

Poland Industry January 2014

Note: Year-on-year changes and annual average variation of industrial production index in %.
Source: Central Statistical Office (GUS) and FocusEconomics calculations.

Poland Economic News

More news

Search form