Ireland Industry

Ireland

Ireland: Industrial production remains resilient in December

February 10, 2011

In December, industrial production expanded 16.9% over the same month last year, decelerating over the 18.4% increase registered in November (previously reported: +14.2% year-on-year). The December expansion was driven by growth in manufacturing, which was bolstered by strong growth in pharmaceutical production. A month-on-month analysis does not corroborate the robust growth implied by the annual figures, as industrial production contracted 1.7% over the previous month in seasonally adjusted terms. Nevertheless, the overall trend continues to improve, with annual average growth in industrial production jumping from 5.9% in November to 7.6% in December. Meanwhile, the Central Bank expects GDP to grow 2.4% in 2011.


Author:,

Sample Report

Looking for forecasts related to Industry in Ireland? Download a sample report now.

Download




Ireland Economic News

  • Ireland: Services PMI rises to four-month high in May

    June 6, 2018

    The Investec services Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) climbed to a four-month high of 59.3 in May, up from 58.4 in April, thanks to a buoyant economic landscape and more favorable weather conditions.

    Read more

  • Ireland: Consumer sentiment improves in May

    June 5, 2018

    The KBC Bank Ireland/ESRI consumer sentiment index climbed to 106.7 points in May, up from 104.0 points in April, recovering two-thirds of the drop in the previous month.

    Read more

  • Ireland: Industrial production records strong expansion in April

    June 5, 2018

    The highly volatile Irish manufacturing industries production index rose 9.2% over the previous month in seasonally-adjusted terms in April, contrasting a 7.4% month-on-month contraction in March.

    Read more

  • Ireland: Manufacturing PMI inches up to 38-month high in May

    June 1, 2018

    The Investec manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) inched up to 55.4 points in May from 55.3 points in April, reflecting improved business conditions in the manufacturing sector.

    Read more

  • Ireland: Consumer sentiment deteriorates in April

    May 11, 2018

    The KBC Bank Ireland/ESRI consumer sentiment index slid to a five-month low of 104.0 points in April from 108.1 points in March, continuing a “see-saw pattern” of improving confidence in one month followed by weaker confidence in the next month in a rapidly changing and uncertain economic setting due to the threat of a potential trade war, along with Brexit. April’s loss of consumer confidence reflected increased strains on household finances, underpinned by higher energy costs and restrained wage growth.

    Read more

More news

Search form