Croatia Inflation

Croatia

Croatia: Drop in consumer prices recedes slightly

April 16, 2014

In March, consumer prices rose 0.47% over the previous month, which contrasted the 0.28% drop recorded in February. According to the Croatian Bureau of Statistics (CBS), the print reflects higher prices for clothing and footwear. In annual terms, consumer prices remained in the red in March, falling 0.4% over the same month last year and following the 0.6% drop recorded in February. The overall trend continued to decline as annual average inflation reached 1.0%, the lowest value on record.

Meanwhile, the core consumer price index, which smoothens out more volatile categories such as fresh food and energy, increased 1.1% over the previous month, marking the highest core inflation rate since October 2012. The print followed the 0.4% drop tallied in February. Core consumer prices rose 0.2% over the same month last year, which contrasted the 0.2% drop tallied in February.

FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panelists expect that inflation will end 2014 at 2.1%, which is unchanged from last month's forecast. For 2015, the panel sees inflation at 2.2%.


Author:, Head of Data Solutions

Sample Report

Looking for forecasts related to Inflation in Croatia? Download a sample report now.

Download

Croatia Inflation Chart


Croatia Inflation March 2014

Note: Year-on-year and month-on-month variation of consumer price index in %
Source: Croatian Bureau of Statistics (CBS).


Croatia Economic News

  • Croatia: Stronger fixed investment and solid household spending underpin growth in Q3

    December 1, 2017

    The economy gained traction in the third quarter of 2017, supported by a surge in fixed investment and solid household spending, despite the uncertainty still surrounding the restructuring of Croatia’s largest private company, food giant Agrokor.

    Read more

  • Croatia: Industrial production growth slows in October

    November 29, 2017

    Industrial output in October increased 4.3% in working-day adjusted terms from the same month last year, following September’s softer 3.0% expansion. October’s result was pushed-up by a remarkable expansion in manufacturing sector: Manufacture of wood and wood products, as well as of refined petroleum products and of food products recorded particularly high growth rates.

    Read more

  • Croatia: Inflation stable in October

    November 16, 2017

    In October, consumer prices increased 0.4% from the previous month, following September’s over five-year high of 1.5% increase.

    Read more

  • Croatia: Industrial production growth slows in September

    October 30, 2017

    Industrial output in September increased 3.0% in working-day adjusted terms from the same month last year, following August’s slightly stronger 3.2% expansion. September’s result was pushed-up by a faster expansion in the electricity, gas, steam, and air conditioning supply sub-sector, and by a turnaround in the mining and quarrying sub-sector, while growth in the manufacturing sector slowed considerably from August, weighing on the final result. On a month-on-month basis, industrial production in September expanded 1.4% in seasonally- and working-day adjusted terms, following August’s much softer 0.3% uptick.

    Read more

  • Croatia: Inflation continues to climb in September

    October 23, 2017

    In September, consumer prices increased 1.5% from the previous month, following August’s flat result and marking the highest reading since May 2012.

    Read more

More news

Search form