Croatia Inflation

Croatia

Croatia: Consumer prices drop in annual terms in April

May 14, 2015

In April, consumer prices rose 0.1% over the previous month, coming in significantly below March’s 0.9% increase, which had marked the largest rise since September 2012. According to the Croatian Bureau of Statistics (CBS), the print mainly reflected that higher prices for clothing and footwear more than compensated for lower prices for housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels.

In annual term, consumer prices declined 0.1% in April (March: +0.1% year-on-year). The overall trend remained unchanged as annual average consumer prices decreased 0.2% in April, matching March’s result.

Meanwhile, the core consumer price index, which does not include more volatile categories such as fresh food and energy, rose 0.6% over the previous month, coming in slightly below of March’s 0.8% increase. Core inflation inched down from 0.9% in March to 0.8% in April.

FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panelists expect that inflation will end 2015 at 0.1%, which is down 0.1 percentage points from last month’s forecast. For 2016, the panel sees inflation at 1.3%.


Author: Teresa Kersting, Economist

Sample Report

Looking for forecasts related to Inflation in Croatia? Download a sample report now.

Download

Croatia Inflation Chart


Croatia Inflation April 2015

Note: Year-on-year and month-on-month variation of consumer prices in %.
Source: Croatian Bureau of Statistics (CBS)


Croatia Economic News

More news

Search form