In April, industrial production expanded 5.4% over the same month last year. The increase matched the reading tallied in March and came in above market expectations of a 5.1% expansion. The result reflected a large expansion in manufacturing, as well as growth in the water supply and waste management sector. On a month-on-month basis, industrial production increased a seasonally-adjusted 0.9%, which followed the 0.2% increase observed in March. The overall trend improved, with annual average growth in industrial production rising from 4.0% in March to 4.2% in April, which represents the highest level since August 2012.
Industrial production maintains growth momentum in April
May 20, 2014
Author: Carl Kelly, Economist
Looking for forecasts related to Industry in Poland? Download a sample report now.
Poland Industry Chart
Note: Year-on-year changes and annual average variation of industrial production index in %.
Source: Central Statistical Office (GUS) and FocusEconomics calculations.
Poland Economic News
October 12, 2016
According to the Central Statistical Office (GUS), consumer prices recorded flat growth over the previous month in September, which followed the 0.2% decrease recorded in August.
October 5, 2016
As anticipated by market analysts, the National Bank of Poland (NBP) decided to keep the reference rate at the record low of 1.50% at its 4–5 October monetary policy meeting.
October 3, 2016
The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) rose from August’s 51.5 to a six-month high of 52.2 in September, according to IHS Markit.
September 30, 2016
According to a preliminary estimate released by the Central Statistical Office (GUS) on 30 September, consumer prices recorded flat growth over the previous month in September, which followed the 0.2% fall recorded in August. In annual terms, consumer prices dropped 0.5% in September, which was a less pronounced decline than the 0.8% fall recorded in August.
September 30, 2016
The manufacturing sector business climate index decreased from 4.8 points in August to 3.3 points in September, according to the Central Statistical Office’s Business Tendency Survey (GUS-BTS).