How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
Remittances from around the world to Central and Latin America rose to over USD 65 billion last year. Mexico is the top destination for remittances – it received nearly USD 25 billion in 2015. Haiti and Honduras are the most dependent on money from abroad, which accounted for 24.4% and 18.1% of GDP in 2015, respectively.
Click the button to embed & share
Click the infographic to open a full-sized version
Author: Marina Presas, Marketing and Public Relations Assistant
Date: September 14, 2016
TagsUSA Turkey Canada Banking Sector oil prices Gold Argentina MENA Asia Financial Sector Ukraine Japan IMF Mexico Venezuela Energy Commodities Emerging Markets Investment Economic Growth (GDP) Russia Portugal Euro Area Colombia Major Economies Unemployment rate OPEC South Africa G7 Company News precious metals France Greece Fed Sub-Saharan Africa Spain Latin America Australia Exchange Rate Oil Tunisia Brexit Forex Nordic Economies Eastern Europe Precious Metals Commodities World Bank Panelists United States Housing Market Trade India European Union Germany Inflation UK Africa Vietnam Brazil Base Metals Commodities Iran Consensus Forecast Commodities China Infographic Agricultural Commodities Italy Industrial Metals Commodities
8 minutes ago
36 minutes ago
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit