FocusEconomics Launches Sub-Saharan Africa Report, Expands Coverage to 107 Countries
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Sub-Saharan Africa report. This report on 13 economies in Sub-Saharan Africa is the most comprehensive in-depth collection of macroeconomic data and analysis for the region available on the market. In fact, until now finding data on many economies in SSA had been a difficult if not nearly impossible task for many of our clients. The inagural edition of the Sub-Saharan Africa Consensus Forecast is available to download now.
“At FocusEconomics, we have seen the rising importance of Sub-Saharan Africa’s economy and more clients than ever are seeking reliable data and analysis on this region, which had previously been rather difficult to come by. We are pleased to announce that we are meeting the rising demand for economic intelligence for one of the world’s most dynamic regions,” said Arne Pohlman, Chief Economist at FocusEconomics.
The report compiles forecasts from leading local and global economic institutions such as BMI Research, Goldman Sachs, Oxford Economics, Citigroup, Econometrix, and HSBC, to name just a few.
The countries covered within the report are: Angola, Botswana, Côte d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
The data and forecasts are accompanied by extensive expert written analysis from our team of economists on the key macroeconomic indicators within the report. These indicators include economic activity (GDP), industrial production, business confidence, consumer confidence, inflation, monetary policy decisions and important exchange rate movements, amongst others.
In addition, all the macroeconomic indicators are complimented with charts, which help to grasp past developments and future trends quickly and intuitively. In addition, an Excel file containing the raw data is available with each report for further analysis and scenario building.
“Africa’s economy has been quickly catching up in the past years, and today several economies in the region are among the fastest-growing in the world. Backed by favorable population dynamics, fast urbanization, a burgeoning middle class and rapidly-growing inter- and intra-regional trade, the region provides a plethora of business opportunities for the years ahead. Business leaders around the world have taken note and the continent is attracting an increasing share of global investment flows,” Arne added.
Download the inaugural edition of the FocusEconomics Sub-Saharan Africa report now.
Date: May 13, 2015
TagsEastern Europe Greece Latin America Spain OPEC Unemployment rate South Africa Vietnam France Russia Panelists United States Forex Euro Area UK Base Metals Commodities Mexico Brexit Inflation Argentina Canada Emerging Markets Colombia Portugal Banking Sector Industrial Metals Commodities European Union Nordic Economies China Tunisia precious metals World Bank Africa Germany Consensus Forecast Commodities Asia Infographic Investment Energy Commodities India Housing Market IMF Venezuela Oil oil prices G7 Ukraine Company News Iran Turkey Major Economies Italy Precious Metals Commodities Exchange Rate Trade MENA Japan Australia Agricultural Commodities Economic Growth (GDP) Sub-Saharan Africa Financial Sector Brazil Fed Gold USA
3 hours ago
Do Chinese authorities now have the space to push on with structural reforms? What’ll this mean for the eonomy? https://t.co/G22UhegEfy
5 hours ago
China continues to pull its weight while India’s outlook cut https://t.co/ZMSCiS0G4A
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
- Are uranium prices making a comeback?
- Taxing the Economy: Achieving a Delicate Balance
- Is the UK really "shackled to a corpse"?
- How will Latin America’s upcoming lengthy election cycle affect the reform agenda and credit ratings?
- How will emerging market economies perform in 2017?
- Chilean Economy in Focus: Interview with Senior Economist of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago
- CEOs Rank Top Economies for Growth Opportunities
- The Mobile Ecosystem & Latin America's Economy
- Prospects and Challenges for the Global Economy: Interview with Tim Cooper from BMI Research
- How will the Fed reduce its balance sheet & and how will the ECB end QE? - 19 economic experts weigh in
- Thoughts on "unwinding" QE from Frances Coppola
- Gold: The Most Precious of Metals (Part 3)
- The Fed and ECB at a crossroads: Unwinding QE
- Spain: The economy that continues to silence the critics
- Latin America: The Most Unequal Region in the World
- The History of OPEC: Has it been a Success?
- FocusEconomics Announces 2017 Analyst Forecast Awards Winners
- Latin America’s rising unemployment bucks nearly decade long trend
- Escape from the Central Bank Trap by Daniel Lacalle
- China's economic rebalancing act: What to look out for in 2017
- Driving Growth in Latin America: Challenges & Priorities
- Is the Global Economy Rebalancing?
- Commodity exporters face challenging times
- Recent Global Events Facilitate Mercosur-Pacific Alliance
- 23 economic experts weigh in: Why is productivity growth so low?
- Mexico's outlook as Trump nears 100-day mark
- Interview with Oxford Economics Senior Economist on implications of the possible outcomes of the French Presidential Election
- The anxiety of the small saver in a world of negative interest rates
- Brexit negotiations. Between Uncertainty and Urgency
- An Economic History of the EU from El Blog Salmón
- Baby Boomin': Implications of high population growth in Latin America
- Survey of International Economists Predicts a Le Pen Defeat in French Elections, Says Macron has Best Economic Plan
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit