Africa's Economic Giants - Growth Plunges in 2016
Things have not been going so well for Africa's two largest economies so far in 2016. Nigeria and South Africa have both felt the brunt of the global commodities price plunge over the last year and now they have the impact of the Brexit to contend with. The question is, when will they recover? Have a look at the infographic below to find out how we forecast growth going for Sub-Saharan Africa's two big guns through 2017.
Date: July 21, 2016
TagsGreece Latin America Precious Metals Commodities United States precious metals Italy Banking Sector Russia Spain G7 Housing Market Tunisia Colombia Unemployment rate Fed Iran Ukraine Oil oil prices Financial Sector Base Metals Commodities Emerging Markets Nordic Economies UK Brazil Africa IMF Mexico Exchange Rate China Investment USA European Union Argentina World Bank Euro Area Gold Vietnam Venezuela Agricultural Commodities Energy Commodities Economic Growth (GDP) MENA Portugal Major Economies Eastern Europe Forex Brexit Consensus Forecast Japan Company News Asia South Africa Trade Sub-Saharan Africa Germany Turkey Inflation Australia Infographic Industrial Metals Commodities Commodities OPEC Canada Panelists France India
4 minutes ago
6 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
42 minutes ago
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit