Blog posts tagged by tag: Venezuela
It has been a few weeks since our last Venezuelan economy update and economist Jean-Philippe Pourcelot has a new post discussing five updates on the Venezuelan economy including the bolivar's latest plunge, the results of the bond swap saga, Venezuelan oil prices, and the government's newest plans to tackle soaring inflation.
Venezuela, as a country, has seen better days. The economy is in particular disarray. As a result, in our latest LatinFocus Consensus Forecast report for Venezuela, we project the economy contracting 9.7% in 2016.
The crisis doesn’t look like it will be ending any time soon. Along with the disaster that is the economy, political turmoil, which stems largely from the economic crisis, has caused much uproar among the masses and has left President Nicolás Maduro’s government scrambling to keep its stranglehold on power.
[INFOGRAPHIC] Latin America continues economic downslide as Argentina, Brazil & Venezuela confront internal crises
Latin America’s growth will be even lower this year than 2014’s lackluster estimate. In fact, our panel of analysts slashed their projections on weaker economic activity in key regional players.
TagsVenezuela India Financial Sector Gold Brexit Portugal Economic Growth (GDP) Euro Area Ukraine Fed G7 France Eastern Europe United States Japan World Bank Industrial Metals Commodities South Africa Investment Forex oil prices Brazil Latin America UK Company News China Major Economies European Union Canada Turkey Oil Agricultural Commodities Housing Market OPEC Base Metals Commodities precious metals Exchange Rate Argentina Mexico Sub-Saharan Africa MENA Infographic Asia Inflation Colombia Tunisia Emerging Markets Vietnam Spain Iran Consensus Forecast USA Nordic Economies Trade Russia Energy Commodities Panelists Banking Sector Australia Germany Commodities Precious Metals Commodities Unemployment rate Africa Greece IMF Italy
28 minutes ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Netherlands: March's election delivers tough road to government formation, a poor omen for economic reforms. https://t.co/sFtzsRwgJs
2 hours ago
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit
- Acting Man
- Alberto Forchielli
- Don't worry, I'm an economist
- Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog
- Economic Principals
- Edward Hugh Blog
- Financial Services (About.com)
- Kunal's thoughts
- Marc to Market
- Miles Kimball
- Morss Global Finance
- Of Markets & Men
- Owen Zidar
- Punto de Vista Economico
- The Capital Spectator
- True Economics