Blog posts tagged by tag: Iran
As Iran ordered a ramping up of production by 500,000 on Monday, Persian tankers were already filling their hulls with millions of barrels of low-sulphur crude, destined mostly for European markets. Although there are some factors restricting the accessibility of Iranian crude to foreign markets, especially given that U.S. institutions are still barred from Iranian oil transactions, Iran will want to regain market share it has either lost, or never had access to. This will most likely translate to more supply of high-quality hydrocarbons and downside pressure on prices.
Major economic changes could be in store for both Iran as well as much of the Middle East as a result of the 17 July landmark nuclear agreement that includes the eventual removal of the economic sanctions that have plagued Iran in recent years. Recent opposition from within the United States threatens to derail the agreement, which could have significant implications for the economies of the country and the Middle East.
TagsFed Iran Precious Metals Commodities Spain IMF South Africa Industrial Metals Commodities MENA Nordic Economies Infographic Agricultural Commodities United States Ukraine Greece Housing Market Tunisia Exchange Rate USA Oil Colombia Turkey Asia Sub-Saharan Africa Russia Consensus Forecast Forex Energy Commodities G7 World Bank Company News Base Metals Commodities Inflation Africa Trade France Economic Growth (GDP) Canada Banking Sector Vietnam Eastern Europe Germany Gold UK Major Economies China oil prices OPEC Japan Brexit Australia Unemployment rate Mexico European Union Brazil India Financial Sector Italy Emerging Markets Investment Portugal Argentina Commodities Venezuela Euro Area Panelists precious metals Latin America
7 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
24 minutes ago
24 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit
- Acting Man
- Alberto Forchielli
- Don't worry, I'm an economist
- Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog
- Economic Principals
- Edward Hugh Blog
- Financial Services (About.com)
- Kunal's thoughts
- Marc to Market
- Miles Kimball
- Morss Global Finance
- Of Markets & Men
- Owen Zidar
- Punto de Vista Economico
- The Capital Spectator
- True Economics