Blog posts tagged by tag: Forex
2017 is shaping up to be a tough year for the UK post-Brexit. Economic analysts are projecting the economy to decelerate substantially to just 0.3% growth, fixed investment is seen falling drastically, exports are expected to plummet, the pound has taken quite a tumble... and that's just the beginning. Have a look at the latest forecasts for the UK:
Click the infographic to open a full-sized version
In the last two years, we have seen large amounts of sovereign Eurobond issuances in the Sub-Saharan African region, reaching a record of more than USD 8 billion in 2015. However, this situation changed dramatically in the first half of this year.
Dukascopy TV recently produced a piece covering economic developments in South Africa as labor strikes and power outages, which have plagued the country over the last year, have had a significant negative impact on its economy. Low oil prices thus far in 2015 that should have positively affected the economy under normal circumstances were offset by the aforementioned power supply shortages, which have hurt manufacturing production. Business confidence is also down, hitting a three month low in the month of March. On top of it all, the recent xenophobic violence that was captured on camera and shared across the globe has not helped matters. Economist Dirina Mançellari spoke with Dukascopy to provide analysis on the situation.
TagsConsensus Forecast Base Metals Commodities Investment Financial Sector Housing Market European Union Precious Metals Commodities Turkey MENA Economic Growth (GDP) Mexico Spain Canada precious metals Iran South Africa Exchange Rate Euro Area Unemployment rate Greece oil prices Forex Energy Commodities Brazil World Bank Ukraine USA Tunisia Sub-Saharan Africa Russia Major Economies Germany Eastern Europe Portugal Emerging Markets Commodities Colombia China Venezuela UK Asia OPEC India Latin America Oil G7 Gold IMF Vietnam Argentina Italy Africa Nordic Economies Panelists Fed Company News Infographic Banking Sector Australia Inflation Japan United States Industrial Metals Commodities Agricultural Commodities France Trade Brexit
2 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
39 minutes ago
18 hours ago
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- 2017 & 2018 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- FocusEconomics partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit
- Acting Man
- Alberto Forchielli
- Don't worry, I'm an economist
- Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog
- Economic Principals
- Edward Hugh Blog
- Financial Services (About.com)
- Kunal's thoughts
- Marc to Market
- Miles Kimball
- Morss Global Finance
- Of Markets & Men
- Owen Zidar
- Punto de Vista Economico
- The Capital Spectator
- True Economics